Sunday, February 19, 2012
Things We LOVE: Part Deux
Well, we wanted to post this on Valentine's Day BUT life happened and we just never got around to it. Bad bloggers, we know! I didn't want to shelve this post until next year, so I thought why not post it just a little late - just think of February as the month of LOVE!
We hope everyone enjoyed the day and told the ones you love how much they mean to you. Whether it was a simple little note in your kids lunch bag or a quick call to your folks or a single flower in a vase on your night stand; it's the little things that make people happy. At least it is for us and that's the point of this post.
We've come up with a few more to add to our things we love post we did last year.
Just some silly little things that make us smile:)
• We LOVE our fans. Some of you have been following our journey since the beginning. You are the first to place orders for each and every collection we launch online. For that, we thank you and LOVE your support. (Is that enough kissing up for you?)
• We LOVE children's books. Especially holiday themed ones (big shocker). But taking a trip to the bookstore and scouting out any new holiday books is so fun! We'll read the stories to the kids during lunch and at night leading up to the big day and then we'll store the books away after each holiday, so each year it's a nice treat to revisit them all over again. The kids love it and we love it too! Here are a few of our favorite Valentine's books:
Love Ruby Valentine, Ruby Valentine Saves the Day, Mr. Prickles, The Night Before Valentine's Day & If You'll Be My Valentine.
• We LOVE letterpress cards. It's an art form that's been around forever and we hope it never leaves us. There is something so timeless about a beautifully hand pressed card. Every time we purchase them we say they are "too good to give away" we never want part with them. Here are some of our favorites L to R: Egg Press , Hello! Lucky, Night Owl Paper Goods
• We LOVE Paper Source. With a mission statement that is to inspire you to "do something creative every day" how you can you not love this place. Paper Source is a premier paperie and retail store. We are so fortunate to have five locations here in MA and visiting (we have hit 4 out of the 5 so far) visiting a location you can spend hours upon hours checking out the beautiful array of colored papers and seasonal gifts as well as spend some serious $$. Every time we visit we lose track of time and usually end up with a parking ticket because our 2 hour meter has expired. Hey, a small price to pay for so much inspiration.
If you don't have a Paper Source in your neck of the woods we would suggest at least signing up to request a catalog. That alone is almost as good as visiting.
• We LOVE Pinterest! We realize that this site has been around for a couple of years already, but we are just jumping on the bandwagon. I had been on it for about 6 months with a personal account, and loved how I could organize all my finds online in one place AND find inspiration from other people's boards. It took awhile for me to figure it out, but once I did, I got a few of my friends into it and then finally got Paul hooked. He thought this would be a great place for Swirly Designs to gather inspiration but also to showcase our designs! We are still tweaking things , but we are loving it so far.
• We LOVE the new show on ABC "Once Upon a Time". Well, I do anyways, Paul has only watched one episode. But I am officially obsessed! It's a great way to spend a Sunday night catching up with all your favorite fairy tale characters and what would happen if they lived in an ordinary town in present day.
• We LOVE music. Working in the studio long hours we listen to our fair share of music like classic rock, pop or a mix of children's music since the kiddos are usually nearby when we are working. We picked up these iPod shuffles for the kids to play lullaby music to fall asleep at night.... because who doesn't enjoy listening to music as they fall asleep?
Until next year! Hope your year is full of LOVE!
** Disclaimer: Everything we mention above in this post is Swirly Designs personal opinions; we were not paid or asked to promote any of these items/products we talked about. We just "love" them!