01 09 10

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Love Young House Love!

I know this isn't a DIY blog, but boy do I love to follow DIY blogs. One of my all time favorites is Young House Love. I can't remember exactly how I came across it, but it has been at least a few years that I have been following the blogging husband and wife team, Sherry & John from Virginia. I just love reading about their DIY projects and being inspired to try a few of my own. Their following has grown and they recently published a book of DIY ideas to inspire others. If that wasn't enough, they are on a book tour! Paul and I were lucky enough to go to the book launch that our local West Elm was having. And yes, over the past year or so I've made Paul read many of YHL posts, and he's come to enjoy them as much as I have. So he was excited to meet them also. I was probably one of the few people who DIDN'T preorder the book, so I was looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.

And my mom was excited to come over and babysit the kids for us, so it was a WIN WIN situation -we couldn't pass up this chance.

The event was on Wednesday Nov. 7, and if you're from New England you know that we were in for a major Nor'Easter storm, and boy was it a doozy! We thought that it might be cancelled, but we called and thankfully it was still on. We made our way in to town for the event not knowing what to expect. The event was scheduled for 6-8. We arrived at 5 and there was already a huge line! Thankfully the line was inside because outside the storm bearing down on the city. The West Elm staff did a wonderful job of organizing this event. They had servers passing around hot cocoa and yummy cookies.

At around 6pm John and Sherry got to their seats and the line started to move, albeit very slowly. But we didn't mind, because we knew they were chatting it up with everyone and taking pictures. Earlier in the week we were tossing around the idea of bringing them some of our ornaments as a gift. Since we're so close to Thanksgiving, we thought our very popular Turkey ornaments would be perfect! We packaged them up carefully so it could make the trip back to Virginia with them.

By the time it was our turn to meet them it was almost 7:30. We were nervous, but they were so warm and personable. We got a picture with them and presented them with our gift... they were so thankful!

So despite the horrible New England snow storm, it was a great event and we love the book and we love Young House Love!! I would suggest to anyone wanting some great DIY inspiration to follow their blog and go out and get their book!


Disclosure: We weren't paid or asked to review or talk about the book, this is just something that we LOVE here at Swirly!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...