01 09 10

Friday, June 19, 2009

Swirly Gone Fishing


In honor of Father's Day, I thought it would be nice to do a post about one of our fishing outings with my Dad and my son. I remember the day Gryffin was born, my dad was so excited to meet his first grandson and he told everyone he can't wait to take him fishing.

Well four years later we thought it might be a nice time to try fishing with Gryffin & Grandpa. For the past few weekends in June the local ponds around where we live had free family fishing derbies. They supply everything, so this would be a perfect opportunity to try without investing in all that fishing equipment. Gryffin was very excited to go fishing, but with his attention span I know this trip would be very short.

Here are a few photos of the days events with my dad and Gryffin.

We had to travel through the woods to get to the perfect spot. As we were walking, a family of geese were also working there way to the water. Gryffin was a trooper walking in the woods even in his flip flops.



Gryffin loved playing with the live worm bait... especially throwing them in the water

Look at me I'm fishing!!

ok I'm done fishing I just to play in the water now.

..And after 3 hours of trying, guess who caught the only fish of the day.....

ME...check out this small mouth bass I caught. He was a brilliant green color. Too nice to eat so we released the little guy back into the water.

I would say the day was a success. It was really nice to get away from the craziness of work and spend some quite quality time by the water with my Dad and my son.


Happy Father's Day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...